Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Thomas Card that won't Shutup!!


Micah and I were in the car on our way to see his great-grandmother and I handed him a card his MiMi sent him. It was a Thomas the Train card!! Micah opened it up and the card said "We hope you have a really splendid Valentine's Day." I looked at him through the rearview mirror and all I saw was Micah's face of total shock. Mouth wide open and jaw dropped!!! Of course the scrapper that I am was trying to figure out how to take a picture with my camera phone and drive at the same time!!! Micah looked up at me through the mirror and I told him to to close the card and reopen it. He did just that and when the card talked again....I got the picture with my camera phone (don't be too scared I was at a red light)...then out of Micah's mouth "HOW DID IT DO THAT" so, then he preceded to keep opening it and closing it so he could figure out how it worked (trapped in a car with the thomas card that won't shutup!!)...after it felt like the 50th time the card had been open, he FINALLY figured where it was coming from in the card and looked at it and yelled from the back seat "Here it is, I found it" and no not just once but a few times....he was so excited!! Now I am no longer counting how many times the card has been opened and reopened and I am trying to figure out how to get rid of the voice saying "We hope you have a really spendid valentine's day" over and over at the sametime hoping my child figures out a way to tear it up...he never did and it is still here working just fine!!


Oh and by the way I bought my son a Thomas Valentine Card but decided not to give it to him yet...who can compete with a talking thomas card!!

3 comments:

Paige said...

I have not ventured down the talking card road for the girls for this very same reason. You are brave for having it in the car.

Shannon said...

thanks...but I have learned my lesson, the next time he gets one i throw him and the card in a room and shut the door...LOL!!

jlindsey said...

Hey Shannon! I found your blog! How fun!